Effective January 2017 for all Raimundo Guitar models
Raimundo Guitars (“Raimundo”) warrants your guitars to be free from defects in materials and workmanship for two (2) years from the original date of purchase.
Proof of purchase or receipt must accompany all warranty coverage requests. Please refer to the store where you purchased the instrument for both guitars purchased within Spain and guitars purchased outside Spain.
The warranty does not cover
- Wear of frets, wear of the saddles or nut, wear of nuts, strings and batteries.
- Modifications, adjustments or routine maintenance of any type.
- Damage to wood finishes or cracks, cracks or deformations due to changes in temperature or humidity, exposure to or contact with the sun, fire, humidity, sweats, salts and acids, guitar straps, guitar stands or hangers made of vinyl, plastic, rubber or other synthetic materials, any other chemical product or polish not approved by Raimundo.
- Damage, corrosion or oxidation of any component of electronic components caused by moisture, salty air or exposure to moisture, body salts and acids.
- Any damage as a result of customization or modification of the guitar.
- Normal wear and tear of any part of the instrument or case, including connectors, controls, switches, tuners, rappers, handles, latches, equipment hinges, etc.
- Any other damage and deterioration due to normal wear, tear, aging, accidents, negligence, abuse, or acts of nature.
- Any instrument whose serial number is missing or has been altered in any way.
Raimundo does not offer any other express warranty of any kind. All implied warranties, including warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, which exceed the specific provisions of this warranty, are excluded from this warranty.
Raimundo shall not be liable for any damages, indirect, consequential, incidental or similar suffered by the buyer or any third party, including without limitation, damages for loss of profits or business or damages resulting from the use or performance of the instrument, whether in contract or in tort, even if Raimundo or its authorized representative has been advised of the possibility of such damages, and Raimundo shall not be liable for any expense, claim or demand arising out of or in connection with any of the foregoing.
To obtain warranty assistance, the instrument must be taken to a dealer where you purchased the guitar with a copy of the sales receipt to obtain a Return Authorization before returning it to the manufacturer. All shipping and insurance costs, including any value perceived as a “collector,” are the sole responsibility of the original purchaser and, upon arrival at Raimundo’s facility, it will be determined whether the defect is covered by the terms of the warranty.
If the repair is covered under the terms of the warranty, it will be repaired at no cost to the original purchaser, including return shipping. If the repair is not covered under warranty, the original purchaser will be given a repair estimate.